Campbell Jacket by Goober Pea Designs

Spring has sprung in our neck of the woods!

Or at least it is trying to.

The grass still isn’t green…

The day I got accepted to test the Campbell Jacket pattern for Goober Pea Designs was the same day that my grandmother handed me a bag of cloth from the local MCC thrift store.

Bless her!

Now that my grandparents live in a condo, right around the corner from the thrift shop, every few weeks I get a bag of fabric from her.

I love it!

The thrift store is one of my FAVORITE places to find fabric and cloth items to upcycle!

Back to my story….

In this particular bag, right on top, sat this FANTASTIC umbrella print!

17.04.04.00054.jpg

Immediately, I knew it was becoming my Campbell Jacket!

The cotton was a very, very thin weave, so it needed something warmer on the inside.

My options were a nice off white flannel, or this blue argyle flannel. Since the jacket is fully reversible I didn’t really want Little Mister A to have a WHITE jacket….

Cause lets be honest, it wouldn’t STAY white!

17.04.04.00021.jpg

Argyle for the win!

While the two don’t go together perfectly, I hope you don’t think they clash. I think they turned out cute together.

17.04.05.00020.jpg

(All this make me think of is ‘it’s a rainy day in London town’)

If I can whip something up in an afternoon and the British Farmer likes it then I know I am on the right track (he is my biggest critic!).

The British Farm told me that at first the thought it was a jacket we had been given or bought, then realized I must have made it when he recognized the flannel!

Little Mister A is styling a 3T (due to the girth of his tummy). I actually like the additional length of the body on him, and although the sleeves are long, he will grow into it and I think they are cute rolled up!

The longest part of this pattern was cutting and assembling it!

Am I the only one who feels like they are back in elementary school when they are assembling patterns?!

Unlike the last jacket I sewed, there were very few pieces doing the basic version. It was fast to trace the pattern and cut out the fabric.

In general, the pattern sewed up like a breeze and the only hiccup I had was when I tried to continue on without reading the steps and sewed the reversible sleeves together wrong! In total, it took me an hour and 45min (would have been an hour and a half had I not needed to stitch rip).

This is a nice basic pattern with plenty of different options from zippers to snaps to velcro to trim! You can totally customize it! (Personally I just love snaps, it makes everything so easily reversible!)

I can see myself sewing up a bunch of these for nice, light summer jackets at the lake!

17.04.04.00046.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s