What is Kid’s Clothes Week, you ask?
I asked the same very thing when it popped up on my Facebook page this morning.
A designer I follow had shared it, so I went to take a closer look!
Basically, Kid’s Clothes Week is something that happens a few times a year, for 1 week.
It is a challenge to spend 1 hour a day (or more) for 7 days straight, sewing for kids! (Yours, your friends, your sisters, your cousins, the kid that sits in front of you at church – you get the idea – just any KID that is in your life!)
The next week starts tomorrow.
And since I just found out about it this morning I already have a week packed full of activities.
Luckily for me, Little Mister A has been pretty consistently sleeping in and napping for a minimum of 2hours during the day so I should be able to squeeze AT.LEAST one hour per day in.
While eating lunch today, I sat down and started to make a list of project I’ve had in the back burner of my mind for a little while but have been too busy sewing custom orders, doing some selfish sewing, or working my way through sewing my birthday gifts for the year.
Turns out I made a pretty ambitious list!
Here is what I came up with (in no particular order):
- Mummykins & Me – A pattern I am testing (so you will only get to see a sneak peak of this item)
- Duck Butt Designs – Hootley Hoodie
- Made By Jack’s Mum – Speedy Pants
- Oliver & S – Reversible Bucket Hat
- Brindille & Twig – Ringer Tee
- Aeffylns – MiniMoon
- Vanessa Mooncie – Baby Dungarees
(That is 7 patterns… One a day, give or take….)
Some of these patterns and designers are new to me, some are tried, tested and true!
I am very excited to tackle these!!
And I will try to keep my projects updated here on the blog, but also on the Kid’s Clothes Week website under my user name uniquelypriest.
- Kid’s Clothing Week Intro
- Day 1 of Kid’s Clothes Week
- Day 2 of Kid’s Clothes Week
- Day 3 of Kid’s Clothes Week
- Day 4 of Kid’s Clothes Week
- Day 5 of Kid’s Clothes Week
- Day 6 & 7 of Kid’s Clothes Week